Thursday, March 31, 2011

Do Your Best and Forget the Rest

Over the last 2+ months, my husband and I have been doing the P90X exercise DVDs.  It has been hard, challenging, good, sweaty, and fun.  I have done more push ups and pull ups than I ever thought was possible.  And I also actually have a decent bicep and a 2 pack of abs.  (Still working on the 6 pack).   The trainer on the DVDs, Tony Horton, is actually pretty entertaining.  The workouts go fairly quickly, and I feel so great afterwards.  It has also helped me get a good start to the day.  It is also helpful to be doing them with my husband, because we help each other wake up and maintain our motivation.  

Anyhow, one of my favorite lines that Tony always says is, "Do your best, and forget the rest."  I have liked this line, because when a hard day rolls around, I think of this line and it helps.  All I can do is my best.  I can control that much of a situation.  And then I just need to forget and not worry about the rest.  

Maybe someday soon, if I am courageous enough, I will post a picture of my muscles.  Doubtful, but you never know.  My husband and I like watching the videos people make of their transformation from this program.  Some of them are pretty amazing.  It sure is nice to fit into clothes I hadn't worn in years, and to now have the problem of needing to purchase some belts so my clothes will stay on.  

 

4 comments:

  1. Good for you guys, that's awesome!!! It's so great you guys support each other and do the work outs together, that makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mad props, jana, MAD props! px90 scares the pants off me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I sure wish my hubby would get inspired and use our P90X DVDs. He looks like he's going to have twins! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that the two of you can do the work outs together! How nice that your clothes are fitting differently and that you now have the problem of having to buy new clothes. And that's a great saying. All we can ever do is our best, and it's harmful to constantly think that it's not good enough. Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself, and that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete