Thursday, May 20, 2010

Babysitting

I haven't babysat in a long time.  But last night I babysat a cute little baby.  He was so sweet.  He was only a few weeks old.  He took forever to eat his bottle, and then he wouldn't fall asleep unless I was holding him.  I had planned on getting a few things done while he was sleeping, but instead I ended up watching a movie while holding him.  While I work in a nursery at a local hospital, I don't get time to just "hold babies"  So, it was actually quite peaceful and nice to hold him all night.

I was a little nervous when I had to change his diaper just because I am so accustomed to wearing gloves when I do that.  Thankfully, this baby's diapers are still so small, (which I am used to that), and he had only peed so it was easier to do that without gloves.  You might all think that is strange that I wanted gloves, but it made me feel better when I was talking to a fellow coworker and she was telling me how when she first had to change her grand baby's diaper without gloves she was so grossed out.  I always wonder if I will be able to change my baby's diapers without gloves or not.  I suppose so, but we'll see.

And in a few weeks I will be helping my sister with her new baby and toddler, so I will get many more opportunities to change diapers without gloves.  Yikes.  It will be fun though, I am looking forward to it.  I always love playing and messing around with my nieces and nephews.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll get used to changing diapers without gloves, especially when it's your baby's diaper. It's just hard because it's so ingrained in your system to do it with gloves! I worked in manufacturing for 5 years, and I still feel naked when I do any physical labor without safety glasses and work gloves!

    I hope things go well with your sister's little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I wonder that about my husband. He's a dental professional and was grossed out by the droll that was flowing its way toward my shoulder from the mouth of a very cute baby girl (not mine). I guess he's grossed out by all types of bodily fluids that could potentially transmit diseases, stain, and smell. I bet he'll bring home a box of gloves.

    ReplyDelete