Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rambling Thoughts


What to write?

That’s the question.

Do I write about how I have been looking at how I want to decorate the nursery or how I have been cleaning out my house to make room for the arrival of the newest member of our family?  And how I am trying to figure out what and if I should buy stuff now, or wait until after everything is finalized.  And how I want to decorate a nursery now, but I am a little nervous about what happens if things fall through.  If things fall through will I look back and say I jinxed myself by doing all this stuff?

Do I write about how I am nervous and excited about meeting our baby’s birthparents?  How I hope they like me, and how I hope they can know and feel how much I respect, admire, and appreciate them. 

Or do I just write about how I am glad I have this triathlon to keep me a little distracted?  And how I bought a funky tri shirt and tri short outfit yesterday and worked out in them today.  And how I swam, biked, and ran for my workout today and how I am feeling a little more confident in my ability to cross the finish line on race day.

I just don’t know what to focus on, so I guess that’s what you get, a little smidge of everything today. 

9 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...anticipation, anticipation, excitement...he he he...I TRULY wish everything goes out smoothly for you. It's understandable what you wrote in this post. :-))) I can't wait to hear more good news from you in terms of this adoption and your upcoming baby. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping that everything and I mean everything, goes awesome. I'm so excited to hear about the adoption and the new baby that's coming into your life. I hope your meeting with the birth parents is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that everything continues smoothly for you guys. How can they not love you?! Seriously though, I would be a total wreck of nervousness too...thinking of you & hoping that God blesses you guys with favor and the meeting goes perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "... will I look back and say I jinxed myself by doing all this stuff?"

    IMHO: There is no jinxing yourself, only sending out positive vibes. Best of luck to you and here's to having that baby in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Decorate the nursery. That's what I say! It actually helped me to have a project! And if it doesn't work out, then you will just have a jump start on your next match (trust me!). And meeting birth parents is exciting. Believe me, they are just as nervous as you. They are also thinking "Will the adoptive parents like me?" and hoping you know how much they appreciate you giving their child what they can't. Good luck on your triathlon!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Can't wait to follow up on your adoption! Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Decorate the nursery! It will probaby take a while to do anyways. It will keep you focused on your blessing to come and probably keep you positive and excited! I know I would be! We want to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Rebecca - how could the birthparents not love you? You are amazing. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for a great meeting with the BM and for your baby to come home! Happy ICLW! #171

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say go ahead and work on the nursery :)

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete