Sunday, August 1, 2010

Refocusing

I have been thinking about the title of my blog and what my purpose in blogging was:  to find joy and to record it.  I feel I have wandered a bit from this purpose and lately I have been struggling find joy in this journey.  So I am going to try harder to find joy in my day to day life, and will make a more concerted effort to record it and therefore recognize and feel joy in my life.



Today at church I felt that God was aware of me.  This brought me some hope and peace.

I heard some good quotes from the talk: Broken Things to Mend by Elder Holland:

"To all such I offer the surest and sweetest remedy that I know. It is found in the clarion call the Savior of the world Himself gave. He said it in the beginning of His ministry, and He said it in the end. He said it to believers, and He said it to those who were not so sure. He said to everyone, whatever their personal problems might be:
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."2  . . . He is saying to us, "Trust me, learn of me, do what I do. Then, when you walk where I am going," He says, "we can talk about where you are going, and the problems you face and the troubles you have. If you will follow me, I will lead you out of darkness," He promises. "I will give you answers to your prayers. I will give you rest to your souls." . . . the Savior’s Atonement lifts from us not only the burden of our sins but also the burden of our disappointments and sorrows, our heartaches and our despair.14 From the beginning, trust in such help was to give us both a reason and a way to improve, an incentive to lay down our burdens and take up our salvation. There can and will be plenty of difficulties in life. Nevertheless, the soul that comes unto Christ, who knows His voice and strives to do as He did, finds a strength, as the hymn says, "beyond [his] own."15 The Savior reminds us that He has "graven [us] upon the palms of [His] hands."16 Considering the incomprehensible cost of the Crucifixion and Atonement, I promise you He is not going to turn His back on us now. When He says to the poor in spirit, "Come unto me," He means He knows the way out and He knows the way up. He knows it because He has walked it. He knows the way because He is the way.”

That's all for now.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind. I used your "Find Joy Now" idea to create my posts for the next 14 days. nothing says it better than your blog.

    HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. And I just realized we posted the same "idea" of a post on the same day without realizing it!

    Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY loved these lines: "Today at church I felt that God was aware of me. This brought me some hope and peace." :-)))) God's peace is beyond understanding and may we receive plenty of it during our IF journeys. :-D

    ReplyDelete