Friday, April 23, 2010

Australian Time Machine

Yesterday--Thursday I stepped into the Aussie time machine.  I left Australia at 10:30 am only to arrive in Los Angeles, CA at 6:45 am on Thursday which Down Under was around midnight.  And since I left early in the morning I hadn't been able to sleep a wink.  I was wide awake the whole trip except of course the last 2 hrs when the lights were turned back on and I was being served breakfast.

We practically flew into the night time.  On the plane they fed us lunch, popsicle snack (my favorite part), then breakfast.  After I made it through security in L.A.  I went to go buy lunch.  I had no idea it was 8:30 am until the food court people told me that they didn't serve lunch that early.  Thankfully I found a Chili's to  go lunch because I had just eaten breakfast and didn't want to repeat that meal again.

The whole day seemed liked groundhogs day.  And it was so long.  I was able to sleep on my last leg to Texas, but now I'm wishing I hadn't because here it is 2 am and I am wide awake and not quite sure what meal to eat.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I know... only problem with long distance trips is adjusting on either end. Takes almost a week! Glad you were able to find lunch in the morning!

    Sounds like the trip was amazing. Hope you feel refreshed (mentally at least!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Remember to post lots of pictures from your amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your jet lag goes away soon! For some reason, I've always found that it's so much worse after flying west. Glad you made it back safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious...that whole time change thing must be a nightmare ! I am curious to know how long it takes you to get back to normal ?

    Glad you had a wonderful vacation !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, hope you have at least a couple days off work to get adjusted back to your old time schedule:)

    ReplyDelete