Sunday, January 24, 2010

Create

I can find joy in making things. I am definitely not the craftiest person, but when I do make something, whether it be a tasty treat, a sock monkey, or take a good photograph. There is something about the act of creating something that wasn't there before that just makes me feel happy.

This video clip depicts my feelings on this subject.

Create

I think that is why in someways infertility can be so difficult. Because I have the desire to love and nurture children and create a happy and wonderful home. And for whatever reason, my dreams of having children has not come to fruition. It can be frustrating and debilitating and all consuming and quite unhealthy at times.

So through this journey of infertility I realized that really all I wanted was to be happy in the place where I was at. I quickly realized that I was not in control of the situation, and I slowly realized that I could become happy despite the setbacks to my charted course in life. And when I took time to create something: be it a crafty outward thing, or a more internal thing like a kind word or deed. That was when I felt happiness and peace.

After spending so many years of my life focused on creating a child, I now hope to start a new chapter in life and create and fulfill my other life goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment