Sunday, January 24, 2010

Still Looking...

I went to church today and I came away with a little nugget of truth that I think will help me in my quest to find joy.

This is it: "true doctrine understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior" Boyd K. Packer

There are a lot of behaviors and attitudes in myself that I want to change. (I don't think I need to divulge all of my secrets here.)

But I realized that some things had been slipping of late. I was not taking as much time to adequately study the gospel of Jesus Christ through prayer, scripture study, or meditation. And then when I did take the time, I was not all that well engaged.

I realized that I needed to let the doctrine of Christ's love and teachings sink deeper into my life and then I would feel happier and experience more joy.

Thinking on that brought me joy. And helped me formulate a plan to help me in studying and understanding true doctrine, and thus help me in my quest to feel joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment