Here were some of the highlights:
- My period started. I am probably the only infertile person happy about that. Well maybe I'm not happy or thrilled, but I am at peace about it. And that's a big step for me. It's late, so I will write more on that later. But finally my period is not late and I am not left hoping to not get my hopes up, thinking that maybe this time I'm pregnant, only to finally start to hope that maybe this time the miracle of all miracles has happened, only to have my hopes dashed. It simple started today, it didn't phase me, and life continued on.
- I had some good laughs with my friends at work today and I was able to help them manage some of the craziness of the day.
- I have a few friends inside the computer.
- I did something special for my husband. (just left him a thank you card for him to find when he got home from work--nothing big, just a little something to let him know I was thinking of him. And I just felt good about doing that) This last week, someone told me that a great way to enhance your marriage is to do "something special" for your husband each day. And as I have tried to do that I have really felt an even greater love for him. It just helps keep things from getting stagnant of mundane.
- I heard some inspiring stories about people and organizations that are reaching out to the people in Haiti.
And now I am going to bed and thinking to myself. Life is good and I feel full of joy. I am so grateful to God right now for this moment.