Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ramblings: Work, Happiness, FYI tip for Infertiles

Whenever I have a really sucky day at work I tend to wish for what I don't have.  And guess what that would be?  A fertile life full of kids.  And I wish that I could fulfill my true dream in life to be a stereotypical Mormon housewife.  I should be driving a BMW (big Mormon wagon) and wiping the faces of my snotty nosed kids.  Ok, maybe it wasn't my dream to be stereotypical.  And I definitely had not planned on throwing 6 kids in the back of my van, but I did dream of being a hardworking, fun loving housewife and mom.  And as a Mormon, (not that this is exclusive to Mormons), but I grew up knowing that I wanted kids, and the importance and love of families was and still is emphasized.  So, sometimes it is hard to accept my lot in life and take the lumps and the bumps of infertility.  So no Mormon housewife here.  I got to put my nose to the grindstone today for 14 hrs straight with a very short 30 minute lunch.  Lucky me.

I left work feeling like I could spit nails I was so mad about the terrible day I had.  But it's over now and I enjoyed some pizza and rootbeer for dinner.  That is one of my favorite food combinations.  As I ate I watched more Olympics and listened to more stupid commentators.  I wonder if they ever replay their remarks.  I would recommend it.  At any rate they make for good laughs and certainly plenty of groans.

Ok, now on to a FYI tip for infertiles.  Eventually many of you will graduate to becoming pregnant and then having those beautiful babies.  Unfortunately I have found that many infertiles are not aware that they may have difficulty producing a good milk supply when breastfeeding.  This is due to the fact that you needed hormonal assistance to get pregnant and producing milk relies on hormones as well.  And sometimes our bodies just don't cooperate.  So, just do your homework and be open to the fact that you might not be able to produce enough milk to exclusively breastfeed because many people's hope ands expectations of doing this unfortunately can not be realized.

That's all for now.  I gotta watch the snowboarding half pipe competition.  Or as one commentator said, watch Shaun White's "red locks fly"  Ha Ha Ha.

Go for the Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment