Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I lost a week and a half of my life

Being sick is the pits.  I am still not fully recovered, but good enough that I can function pretty well.  I am so tired of coughing and blowing my nose.  I am so sick of cough drops.  Oh, well, as long as I am well before my trip that's all that matters.  I felt like I was in quarantine.  I felt like I had to stay in one place or I would contaminate the whole house and then get my hubby sick too.

Some good things did come out of it though--this is what I learned

  1. Don't let sick twins cough and sneeze in your face.  They carry some pretty nasty germs.  And figure out which of the identical twins is sick.  If you can't tell, just avoid them both.
  2. My hubby is so sweet to me.  He took very good care of me. (but I already knew that)
  3. Get Kleenex w/ lotion in it.  It will save your nose.  My nose bleeds when it get really dry.  So that was not fun.
  4. Be patient, drink lots of juice, and get some good medicine.
  5. I lost a little bit of weight.  So at least that was a good thing. I just hope I don't gain it all back once i start eating again. 

2 comments:

  1. I'll keep you in my prayers! I'm sure that the idea of Australia is brightening up your life a bit. Hang it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're feeling better

    ~stopping by for ICLW #78

    ReplyDelete